[meteorite-list] meteorite fall or find is an unforgettable experience

From: Larry & Twink Monrad <larrytwinkmonrad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:28:32 -0700

I just read the phrase that a new fall "may have faded into obscurity" and I
had an instant reaction. Since I was so fortunate to have been invited by
Jim Kriegh and John Blennert to hunt and map Gold Basin with them I do have
a perspective on finding a first meteorite and then many more after being
mentored by John and Jim. I think anyone who has been out in the field to
find his/her first meteorite in a known or newly discovered find area will
agree with me that it is an overwhelming experience. I would imagine that
anyone who is so fortunate and talented to find a piece and then more of a
fresh new fall must feel REALLY overwhelmed and thankful. It is such a
tremendous event that there is no way a new exciting fall or even find will
fade. Just ask those of us lucky enough to have made the effort to hunt and
been successful, or not, and the collectors who understand this feeling.
There are lots of folks who fall into these categories.

Twink Monrad