[meteorite-list] What types of meteorites do you collect?

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 06:15:14 -1000

Greg poses a good question for the list: what types of meteorites do you collect the most and are most interested in, and why?

Well, being far too scatterbrained to choose only one type, I have many interests. I love carbonaceous chondrites, and among them CM and CVs in particular (I love the smell of Murchison in the morning ;^)

For achondrites, I collect HEDs a lot, and love brecciated cumulate eucrites like Dho 007.

WIth respect to ordinary chondrites, I love any unequilibrated stone, and type 3s of any classification float my boat.

Oh, and last but not least, I love big, regmaglyped complete irons of all kinds. There is something about a large iron meteorite that captures the attention and imagination of most people.

gary

> This brings up another idea for a thread:
>
> What class or type of meteorite to you collect the most and are most interested it?
>
> I myself like rare ungrouped achondrites and my favorite is the Angrites.
>
> Greg S.

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720