[meteorite-list] More on the Lorton... or Lorton hears a Who ?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:25:23 -0800 (PST)

I've been informed privately that it was apparently the Smithsonian that contacted the owner of the land and offering payment.

I didn't mean to slight any hunter or dealer by my suggestion that one contacted the land owner...

I'm a firm believer that sufficient samples need to be submitted for classification and research but I have a huge problem with some researchers that feel they need to horde every milligram for no reason other than to keep it out of the collector market.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net