[meteorite-list] The search for aliens should start on Earth not outer space, says scientist

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:42:18 -0500 (EST)

Hello List,

Here's a fellow who must stay so far back in his laboratory at AU that they mail him daylight.
Professor Paul Davies, purported to be a physicist, has "alien life" sitting in the meteorite collection down the hall from him...so to speak..and he makes this idiotic pronouncement. All he accomplished was to show his ignorance of the current science and provide fodder for the argument against tenure.

I thought when I read the caption on this release that it was going to show some recognition of the fact that "alien life " has already been discovered in martian meteorites...albeit dead and fossilized...and that most of his colleagues agree that meteorites brought "life" to this planet.

If Davies wants to discover "alien life"...he should look in a mirror.

Here's the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7068765/The-search-for-aliens-should-start-on-Earth-not-outer-space-says-scientist.html

On to Tucson,

Count Deiro