[meteorite-list] Testing Documentation - NWA 5799 Documentation

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:43:38 -0800 (PST)

This is what I am able to get from the person that does my testing -
It is the Documentation for NWA 5799 - A very nice, but "ordinary" LL4
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/NWA5799p1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/NWA5799p2.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/NWA5799p3.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/NWA5799p4.jpg

While I know this is not the norm, I ask why not? Why can I get this, but none of the people with all these well known contacts cant? How hard would it be to provide some testing information to the person submitting the material? Why is this not mandatory?

What is the cost of a few sheets of paper and a couple minutes to print it out?
In my opinion, if it does not come with documentation like this, it is not as valuable as it could be.
Sure it may not be spot on exact as to the sample sold, but its far better then any ID card.
I know I have brought this up before, but from some comments about pairing and testing, this again seems a good time to bring it up again...

To all dealers/Testers out there, why not offer more? Cost is nothing compared to added value the paperwork adds. Make copies and include it with the material... add the extra 30 cent it may cost to do if your profit margins are not good...

In my opinion, this is real documentation, something I have never got from anyone I have ever bought from.

The bottom line is, If I can get this, for an LL Chondrite, Why cant you guys get it? Why is this not the normal thing to do?
Is it not better?

Greg C.