[meteorite-list] Impact on Value Being Unclassified

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:14:56 -0800 (PST)

So many sell material that is self paired its not funny.
It comes down to WHO is selling it in my opinion as to how much fuss is raised.
How many of the NWA martians are out there with solid documentation as to actual scientific pairing? about 20% maybe, if that much?
In my opinion an NWA xxxx martian is just as valuable as NWA pick your number.
I have never purchased a meteorite with actual testing information, so by the opinion of some, its not official as not documentation came with it.

I think more dealers need to get the people testing to provide them with actual paperwork to go with the material. For putting out 20% they should provide more. Even if its only from type sample testing, more documentation is better then an ID card on BC paper.

Greg C.