[meteorite-list] Christian Anger

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:10:21 +0100

I just opened my mail and the shock was
immediate: 51 mails entitled: "Christian Anger"!
Could not be some good news.....

Christian was, since the first edition of
Ensisheim show, our "brightest light", our
eternal smiling, a happy to live, cool,
energetic, joking, teasing, dancing, charming,
funny, "blasting" person....but also one of the
most elegant, gentle, gracious, courteous guys.

When he would show up in Ensisheim (he was among
the first to come....from quite far away), he had
a pack of that "strangely delicious" Austrian beer for us to taste.
But also lots of meteorites in his bags, for
ambulant trade and for the consignment room.
The superb 48 g crusted Maigatari-Danduma he
displayed there for sale as premium, immediately
went into my collection, along with the text
describing its weird quest Christian had personally written.

Christian soon became our Brother-Ensi-Meteorite-Guardian.
And he truly deserved this honor, not only
through his highly avid passion, competence and
love towards meteorites, but also for his immense
kindness, enthusiasm and respect towards children and young amateurs.
And, oh yes, the "Saturday evening fevers" could
not have been "what they were" without Christian's "deep impact".

I also was so lucky to meet him last November in
Munich and we promised each-other to have a "great Ensisheim" again next year.

My friend, now that I start realizing this won't
happen, I promise you will never be forgotten.
You are our first brother to have gone "somewhere
over there", where you are now, I am sure, happy and in peace.
I am right now planning for your memory some
special treat next June and am sure all the
people there will join, so as to be so close to you again.

I will badly miss your "strange Austrian beverage"!

Jean-Marie Blosser (who does not read our posts)
and me, on behalf of the whole Ensisheim
Confraternity of Ensi Meteorite Guardians, are
joining our heartfelt condolences and sympathy to his family and close friends.

Zelimir