[meteorite-list] AD - Auctions/Thoughts

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:51:39 -0800 (PST)

Dear List Members,

I have many great auctions ending this afternoon. You will find the most
complete assemblage of rarities currently available on eBay. I will be adding
more new items each week as my final inventory comes out of preparation. It is
becoming increasingly difficult, if not impossible to replace this inventory
once it is sold so you may want to take advantage of some of these offerings
while the price is the lowest it has been in history.

I imagine there will be a lot of complaints when Martian material is back
up to $1,000.00/gram when it can be had for a fraction of this price right now.
The planetary find trend is way off and peaked a few years ago. It will not be
long before the price catches up as the supply is depleted. Even Antarctica is
running dry in this sector, something I thought was not possible just a few
years ago. Although Northwest Africa has handily overtaken Antarctica in
planetary finds, I thought that the long-term trend was in Antarctica's favor
but this does not seem to be the case any more. I always thought that the tortoise beat the hare!

I wonder what the next plateau will be once these places have been swept clean?

All Auctions Can Be Found At This link:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/raremeteorites!_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Thank
you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Regards,

Adam
Hupe
The Hupe Collection