[meteorite-list] A query

From: Spaceguard <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:59:13 +0000

I received the following today. Does anyone have any ideas, or can
anyone help Mr Bartley?

Jay Tate
The Spaceguard Centre
http://www.spaceguarduk.com

"hi, I found your site and believe the work you are doing is extremely
important.

There was an impacts site in my area of Alabama , USA. I have , on
several occasions, tried to contact the professor at Auburn University
that investigated the impact site to verify a few potential meteorites
with out success. The department head took a quick look at a few
samples that I had taken to Auburn for review. He stated he was
extremely sure they were real.

As a novas, I tried to cut one to see what it was made of. After
wearing out several hack saw blades, I obtained a diamond saw wheel and
was able to cut into the sample. To my surprise there was a pocket of
compressed air inside. Really wished it had been inside a vacuum chamber.

By chance to you have any contacts in the US that may be willing to
review some of the samples to see if there could be any value to science.
Keep looking for potential NEOs.

Richard W. W. Bartley, Sr 132 Bartley Lane Grady, Al 36036 334-546-9734"