[meteorite-list] The Lorton meteorite in a vacuum cleaner

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:37:28 -0800 (PST)

Carl and List,

Today I was able to speak with someone on the phone about the vacuumed used to clean up the mess from the Lorton meteorite fall and she had stated that the vacuum bag was sent to the Smithsonian. Well I guess Smithsonian has everything covered and is making sure no one has fragments from the Lorton meteorite fall.

Shawn Alan

[meteorite-list] RE; More on the Lorton
Carl 's carloselguapo1 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:30:52 EST 2010

Hi,

Just a thought I had the last week or so. Has anyone given the thought of obtaining the vacuum cleaner bag used to clean the offices? It still might not be too late and with the doctors permission, of course. Judging from the photos, there may be little micros that may have been overlooked and vacuumed. A dusty search but with a face mask, gloves and a strong magnet, who knows?

Carl

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/