[meteorite-list] Fwd: Dark Angel Falling / addendum

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:37:27 -0500

Hi Again....

I've received several private emails inquiring about the timeline of
the making of Hollywood films and the "disasteroid" films (a term
which Larry Lebofsky recently introduced me to) of the 90s in
particular.

I know so little about either topic, however....

SL9 was a trigger for the development of these films. I don't know
any specifics of the preproduction arc of either of these projects---
for example, prior to SL9 something similarly themed may have already
been in development or turnaround---but SL9 certainly put things into
motion, if not having started things up outright. The media's
fascination (and resulting pop cultural appeal) of the novelty of
meteorites being sold at auction was only a catalyst to making
"disasteroids" more of a priority....it tipped them into a higher gear.

Best / dp

Begin forwarded message: