[meteorite-list] [AD] Announcing Two New Meteorite Discoveries

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:05:44 -0700

Dear Listees:

I am very pleased to announce two significant new meteorite finds.
Both were classified by our colleague Dr. Jeffrey Grossman. The names
have been approved and are now included in the online Meteoritical
Bulletin database:

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

The first is Coffeyville. The 79-lb mass was found near Coffeyville,
Kansas in 2006. It is an H5 with a black matrix and a very interesting
and attractive interior. Steve Arnold and I are the exclusive
distributors for this new Kansas meteorite. We have full slices and a
large end cut on display in Room 230 at the InnSuites:

http://www.aerolite.org/specials/coffeyville.htm

The second is La Cienega, an H6 from Sonora, Mexico. A 6.4-kg
regmaglypted stone was found in 2007 by an American gold prospector,
and purchased by Aerolite Meteorites. Following a thorough search of
the area, a smaller individual was found along with several small
fragments. We have slices from the smaller mass for sale in our
showroom, and the main mass is on display there as well. La Cienega is
a beautiful black chondrite, rich in metal flakes:

If you are interested in viewing or purchasing either of these new
discoveries, please stop by and see Anne Black and myself in Suite
230. Open all day, every day, until February 13.

Details: http://www.aerolite.org/events/tucson/tucson-meteorite-dealer.htm

Our sincere thanks to Dr. Grossman for his kind assistance in
classifying these new finds.

And, if you're in town for the gem show, please join Steve Arnold and
myself, this Wednesday at Sky Bar Tucson, at a free screening party
for the world premiere of "Meteorite Men" Episode Three: "The Tucson
Ring Mystery." Kinda nice timing that our Tucson episode is airing
right in the middle of the gem show! (We didn't plan it that way,
really. Just lucky I guess).

http://meteoritemen.com/events/meteorite-men-premiere.htm

With best wishes to all,

Geoff N.