[meteorite-list] Plastic display boxes

From: martin goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:57:23 +0100

Does anyone know of anywhere where i can get hold of some plastic
display boxes similar to the ones in the links below but of a larger
size?

(http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/_LgBox1.jpg)

(http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/_SmBox1.jpg)

I use the ones above very successfully for displaying smaller slices
that are prone to rusting and sandwich some desiccant under the foam.
This has worked very well and has protected these specimens for years
whilst also being to display them. Some of my larger slices have been
stored in larger snap seal plastic boxes with desiccant but although
working well to preserve them i want to be able to display my larger
slices and not hide them away. Being in the UK means that the climate
here does not allow for having the majority of Irons just on display
without them rusting over time. A larger version of the above boxes,
say 15cm by 15cm or larger would be excellent. It needs to have a
clear front face with no moulding marks as the smaller ones do. Anyone
know of anything that would fit the bill?

Cheers

Martin