[meteorite-list] [IMCA] Elections and my status

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

I love the Meteorite Men TV show, its a great way to get meteorites out into the public attention on a mainstream level. I actually even tried to help promote it with one of my websites. Its a great thing and I never would make it seem like a bad thing.

The museum will be very interactive and not like anything else out there.
I want people to have fun and learn while they have fun... the type of learning that you dont know your doing until its too late.

Its not that I am seeking an endorsement or even funding from the IMCA, but for the group to have more of an active role in something like this. Even if members posted to the IMCA list and shared ideas and we tossed thoughts and opinions around, it would be better then the silence that the IMCA list is.

I will go back to my original statement about the BBB. Its old, outdated and not what it was many years ago. Thats not the way I would like to see the IMCA turn out.
Sure the IMCA may have its original goals, but as times change so should the goals. Otherwise, what you end up having is an out of touch group that is stagnant and lacking vision. The world of meteorites is changing, the IMCA needs to keep up with it.

If the IMCA as an international group of meteorite collectors will not stand up to fill a role that is needed, then who should?
We can all sit and complain about how bad new laws are (or new enforcement of old ones) and it will only get worse.
One voice will be washed out in a group of people, but if the group of people take up the call of the one voice, it will be heard loudly.

Im not expecting the IMCA to become the voice of all, but I do hope they will step up and at least become a voice.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites