[meteorite-list] Search for first U.S. lunar meteorite

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:58:43 -0700

Hi All,

When the first U.S. lunar is found, my bet is that the finder will
be either Sonny Clary or Jason Utas. Both have demonstrated the
ability to find non-ordinary-chondrite meteorites -- for instance,
Blue Eagle (R3-6) and Moapa Valley (CM1) by Sonny, and Superior
Valley 014 (acapulcoite) by Jason.

Another name I've seen come up lately with non-OCs is Bill
Sajkowicz: Chocolate Mountains (ureilite), Cargo Muchacho
Mountains (CO3), and Winterhaven (howardite). I find it remarkable
that one person has found a ureilite, a howardite and a CO3, and
yet I haven't found a record of any chondritic finds by him. This
is statistically next to impossible -- Bill must have found a LOT
of chondrites to have found these three.

--Rob