[meteorite-list] WAS Cyanobacteria in meteorites? NOW: Life in Meteorites

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:17:47 -0700 (PDT)

Martian meteorite NWA 998 displays an abundance of these "fossils" and is
proving to be much richer than ALH84001:

If the scientific community ever completely embraces the idea, then we will
witness another surge in the importance they represent. In any case, all of the
talk of Martian fossils and life helped lift Mars into the forefront making it
easier to justify all of the missions taking place there. In my opinion,
ALH84001 and the scientists who studied it are mostly responsible for the
renewed interest in Mars.

Here is a link to a recent article on NWA 998:
http://skymania.com/wp/2010/04/new-meteorite-clues-to-life-on-mars.html

Best Regards,

Adam