[meteorite-list] NWA 6292 2.110 gram

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:59:44 -0400

Richard, Anne, List,
This has a lot of us smoking right now. I am pressing send anyway here. Sorry.
The truly sad thing about this is that Anne herself is the one who claimed in an earlier email that Tony did in fact have some of NWA 5363 already.
She went on to tell us all to be patient.
This after she was made fully aware that Dr Jambon as a qualified scientist, had already confirmed the pairing with NWA 5400.
This is his exact quote " NWA 5363 is undoubtedly paired with NWA 5400"
In the same email Dr. Jambon went on to say that;
" I have been insulted.
My Moroccan partners have been insulted too.
We all wait for apology".
Although at this time I think he might have been referring to Greg.
Unless I missed it. Nobody has yet offered any kind of apology or even an explanation of why they would insult him.
I can't help but wonder why a board member of the IMCA would continue to insult a very important scientist in our field?
It seems to me an IMCA board member would try to do all they can to keep from alienating and insulting our scientists.
Anne what if some day the IMCA needs a favor from Dr. Jambon? Did you ever think of that?
Sorry Anne but, you are way out of line here because I personally made sure you got a copy of Dr. Jambons email to this list.
Look it up yourself in archives from June 23rd, 2010 in an email posted by Zelimer Gabelica with the subject; Pairings to NWA 5400.
Or I can email it to you again if you'd like.
As far as I am concerned this matter has been settled since that email date and I would like to offer Dr. Jambon my personal apologies for not asking Anne to cool her guns until now.
Anne please cool your guns and respect Dr. Jambon's work.
It has been stated all along that all of this material originated from Mbarek. There was really no reason to believe it was ever anything but paired.
Carl

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax