[meteorite-list] Meteorite Rings

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:36:59 +0100

Hi Jose,

If it's any help, for my other half a few years ago, I had a crescent
moon pendant made of out 18k Gold, complete with texture and craters on
the surface, one of which has a piece of DAG 400 (Lunar meteorite) set
into it, there was also a diamond in a separate crater on the tip of the
crescent (which gives a glint like the sun appearing behind the moon).

Looks really good, and she is very pleased with it. We have had no
problems with the DAG 400, they set it in the 'crater' on the pendant
both with jewellery adhesive and by burring over the gold (to make a
mechanical hold too).

You should have no trouble if the rock is well set into the gold, but I
would advise them to make sure it is held in physically rather than just
relying on adhesive/glue.

Martian Shergottites should easily be robust enough, as long as it is
not too big..

Best Regards,
Mark