[meteorite-list] Dennis Cox sees both holocene impacts and ancient volcanism in Clayton Craters in SW Egypt -- cites huge Bronze Age solar flare event (Anthony L Peratt, LANL) -- my Google Earth craters: Rich Murray 2010.08.14

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:34:16 -0600

http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.htm
Saturday, August 14, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/58
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

www.cosmictusk.com blog hosted by George Howard

Topic: Desert bays?
[ as in "Carolina bays" about a million 1 km size shallow oval craters
without usual meteor minerals in the SE USA ]

Dennis Cox August 10th, 2010 at 2:00 pm
[ http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/ ]

Hi George,

I couldn't get the comment block to open up on the excellent 'Clayton's
craters' post. But these structures go to the question you've posed there.
I think we are looking at a mixture of both volcanism, and impact scars.
Which means it is going to be a long time before we can come up with a
conclusive answer.

But if it's ok to give one's best guess, for these, I'll lean towards a very
large, multiple fragment impact storm a only few thousand years ago. Most
likely a broken up, icy comet. Unfortunately, the target zone was an ancient
volcanic field. So that any otherwise conclusive evidence of impacts is
going to be contaminated with solid evidence of volcanism, and visa versa.

But consider that the Sphinx was buried up to his neck in the sands of the
Sahara until modern archeologists dug him out. And then mentally subtract
the windblown sands from those images of over-lapping ring-walled
structures. That place might always be an enigma. But I don't believe those
blast burnt facies are anywhere near as old as they say.

The weakest link in standard landform theory is in the time honored, 19th
century practice of doing geo-chronology by mutual inter-assumptive
uniformitarian confabulation. If the age of those rocks wasn't arrived at by
modern radiometric methods, I just ain't buying it. And I remain to be
convinced of the dependability of some of those methods as well, when a
large airburst event is suspected.

Firestone, and friends cited Toon et al in the 2007 paper, when they
proposed temps as high as 10^7 deg. C. in the Younger Dryas impacts. That's
ten million degrees folks. But then they just drifted right on past the
significance of the energies such temps describe. And although they didn't
ask them, that figure begs questions for the plasma physicists. How do we
expect matter to behave when we elevate its temp so high that all of the
electrons, and protons, are stripped from the nuclei?

First of all, and probably most important, is that no matter what it is in
its cooler state, it is now a completely ionized thermal plasma. And it is a
superconductor. Its heat flows electrically. Such a plasma can be contained
by magnetic fields. Even those generated by its own electrical currents. So
it self-organizes into actual structures like beams, filaments, and double
layers. In short, the stuff can be expected to behave almost like a thing
alive.
And those twisting filaments of thermal plasma should bear a startling
resemblance to the ancient descriptions of fire breathing dragons with
breath so hot it can melt stone.

Google the work of Anthony Peratt, at Los Alamos National Lab for extensive
experimental research into electric plasma phenomena. And a detailed
explanation of compelling evidence that ancient peoples all over the world
have witnessed very high energy plasma events in the skies above, and left
drawings of what they saw in ancient rock art on every continent.

[ http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/TheUniverse.html
Anthony L. "Al" Peratt alp at ieeetps.org

http://plasmauniverse.info/NearEarth.html

15. A. L. Peratt, Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current,
Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity, Trans. Plasma Sci. v.31, n.6, 2003,
Abstract Russian, Abstract French, Abstract Dutch, Abstract German.

18. A. L. Peratt, J. McGovern, A. H. Q?yawayma, M. A. Van der Sluijs, and M.
G. Peratt, Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current
Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II: Directionality and Source,
Trans. Plasma Sci. v.35, n.4, 2007.

25. A. L. Peratt and W. F. Yao, Evidence for an intense solar outburst in
prehistory, Physica Scripta T131, October 2008
http://plasmauniverse.info/downloads-petros/Peratt&YaoAurora-PrehistoryPhys-Scr-T131,2008c.pdf
13 pages

29. A. L. Peratt, W. Fay Yao, P. Bustamante, and R. Tuki, The THEMIS
magnetospheric breach discovery and an anomaly in the global distribution of
petroglyphs; MHD instabilities recorded by mankind in antiquity, Spring
Meeting American Physical Society, Denver, Colorado May 2-5, 2009. ]

The powerful magnetic fields of the twisted pairs of filaments that can
organize and form in such a plasma can produce intense synchrotron
radiation. And that's where the radiometric data becomes questionable.
Because of the potential for random ion implantation anomalies, especially
anywhere a large plasma discharge event has hit the ground. (the center of
of an airburst impact vortice is a superconducting plasma)

When I asked Bill Napier what he thought of all that, he replied the he had
a problem with the ten million degree figure that Toon et al provided. He
pointed out that even if we bring a bolide in at 30 km/sec, and we translate
100% of the kinetic energy into heat in the atmosphere, we still only get
somewhere in the neighborhood of 100,000 deg C. But he also noted that even
at the more conservative temp. we are still talking about a very
'substantial plasma'. At that time it hadn't quite dawned on me in that in a
multiple fragment, airburst event, only the first pieces fall into cold
atmosphere. The rest fall into already superheated impact plasma, and just
crank up the heat and pressure. The higher figure described in the Firestone
paper doesn't seem such a stretch when you look at it in that light. Either
way, it's time to re-think the standard model of an impact event.

As for how much we don't know, consider this: On the other side of the
world, in central Mexico we find the pristine Chihuahuan ignimbrites
deposited in a continuous, random colliding, inter-flowing sheet of high
speed, fluid density currents. The standard model for a density current or
pyroclastic flow, requires a slope to flow down to provide the motive force.
Most of that stuff is on fairly level ground. So gravity wasn't the motive
force there. It also requires a volcanic vent and magma chamber to account
for the material. And the heat and pressure to get the melted rock, and
breccias into atmospheric suspension. No such rifting vent, or related
supergiant magma chamber has ever been found to account for the nearly
50,000 sq miles of continuous interflowing ignimbrites. And yet except for a
short stretch of 60 miles or so along the Chihuahua City-El Paso highway,
they've never even been mapped.

Let's put the questions of the source of the materials, or heat, and
pressure, aside for a moment. A 50,000 sq mile pristine, continuous,
interflowing density current of flash melted stone, undisturbed on the
surface, describes a geologically recent explosive event so vast that it
makes the worst Yellowstone or Toba can throw at us seem like a mouse
breaking wind by comparison. And yet no one has ever really bothered to ask
just what the hell happen there. We really don't know anything about those
materials, or the surreal landforms that rise among them beyond speculation.
And that's only just across the border, folks.
[ end of Cox comment ]

[ Norbert Br?gge, Germany,
highly expert geologist re Sarara desert ]

http://www.b14643.de/Sahara/index.htm

http://www.b14643.de/Sahara/Clayton_Craters/index.htm

http://www.b14643.de/Sahara/Kamil_Meteor_Crater/index.htm

22.018298 26.088502 Kamil Crater (irons found)
.595 km center el, .04 km center size,
ejecta to SW, public ground photo on Google Earth ]

[ Rich Murray on 2010.08.12 found this feature,
similar in size and appearance:

crater 23.265054 26.043734, .05 km size,
1.062 center el, dark ejecta to SW, SW Egypt
wider ejecta ring to SW as much as .05 km,
SW Egypt

and others:

22.504862 25.898908 .670 km surface el,
aligned craters on sand, SW Egypt

23.158935 26.009629 shallow grey crater
on dark hard rock, 1.2 km wide,
0.998 km el low, 1.019 km by SW outer rim.
SW Egypt

23.193999 25.935677 rare cluster of shallow craters
on hard dark plateau,1.043 km surface el, SW Egypt

23.785060 27.027140, black hill 1.12X.57 km size,
.804 km top el, .205 km above .599 km el by E end,
with 4.54 km dark tail to SSE, SW Egypt ]

The Cosmic Tusk just turned it up a notch -- George Howard
et al patent hypoxic process to make carbon into
nanodiamonds, based on 13 Ka ice comet fragment air bursts
evidence: Dennis Cox: Rich Murray 2010.07.21
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.htm
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
[ at end of each long page, click on Older Posts ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/55
[you may have to Copy and Paste URLs into your browser]

Rich Murray, MA
Boston University Graduate School 1967 psychology,
BS MIT 1964, history and physics,
1943 Otowi Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
505-501-2298 rmforall at comcast.net

http://RMForAll.blogspot.com new primary archive

group with 146 members, 1,609 posts in a public archive

participant, Santa Fe Complex www.sfcomplex.org