[meteorite-list] Most expensive meteorites!

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:49:54 -0700

Ed:

I actually mis-interpreted your post... I think.

I meteorite is valuable because of its uniqueness; for example, If it is oriented, is a fall (very fresh), hits an object (a hammer) or is a rare composition.? If an ordinary chondrite hits an animal (or person) then it will be more desirable and the value will increase.? But remember, the mineral content may be very common for meteorites.? So there are many reasons different meteorite have different values.
Now to your art ? the value of art is not simply how it looks but whom and under what circumstances it is produced.? Have you seen drawings by John Lennon? well let?s just say he is no Leonardo da Vinci, but they are very valuable.? This has always driven me nuts because I?ve done art myself.? Art is not just a visual object, but the ?process of creating something which many believe is of high value or of cultural importance.?

Greg S.