[meteorite-list] The most expensive meteorite per gram?

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:52:51 -0400 (EDT)

Melanie asked "What is the most expensive per gram...?"

Gram sized and larger individual specimens of NWA 5000, Nakhla, Shergotty and Chassigny, just to name four planetaries, have brought up to $4,000 a gram depending on attractivness of size, weight, shape, lithology, fusion crust, preparation and documented provenance.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536