[meteorite-list] work of art cleaning meteorite see the diffrence

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 11:05:18 +0200

> a sandblaster to make a very?oxidised meteorite brand new
> very fresh like it fell yesterday

"Very fresh like it fell yesterday" ... ???

Why should you do this to a meteorite that in actual fact *did not* fall yesterday? "Lifting" may be cool for some human divas, but is the same true for those old meteorites? Shouldn?t we respect them "as they are", and preserve them that way? On the other hand, of course I am well aware that?s a matter of perspective, but in this case I just wouldn?t have used that big tool from the cleaning park... :-)

Just my two cents on that,
Alex
Berlin/Germany