[meteorite-list] Gebel Kemil article in New Scientist

From: Kieron Heard <kieron.heard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:06:53 +0100

Much food for thought there, Matt. I was particularly struck by the
following statement attributed to Philip Bland:

"If they don't do it [analyse meteorites for dealers] then the meteorites
will remain solely in private hands, sitting in a collection. The meteorites
would be never seen again."

It has been said before, but how many of the meteorites languishing in
museum stores will ever be seen by the public? I'll bet my modest collection
has the potential to reach a wider audience and generate more interest than
some of those held by public bodies.

Regards, Kieron