[meteorite-list] Offensive Postings was Questionable Ebay Listings

From: MstrEman <mstreman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:39:04 -0400

Brian Cox wrote:

 "...I will certainly try to be as respectful in my opinions and I
request that everyone else be respectful of one another."

One wonders how the same person could justify this post of in light of
the above admonition for the list to be respectful?

"She sounds like an old whore from the "Bunny Ranch( sic)" who is
selling the meteorites a "Date" paid her for services rendered to pay
for a face and body lift and resculpting".

AS to the conclusion that any woman is a whore because she lives in
Nevada--Well that is flabbergastingly offensive. It is not funny but
insightful as to who he is inside. The members of this list need to
have a deep, abiding trust in the integrity of the people they do
business with--or take advice from. At the core of that trust will
be the material they sell is what it is claimed to be. This we gauge
from demeanor and message traffic; especially using poor satire in an
inappropriate context.

We can see that know " he don't know squat" about meteorites but his
implication that all women are whores may be more experience-based
even if more offensive.. People tend to frame their assumptions in
the framework of experiences they are familiar with. Of course he
knows his mother -- I don't... but I hope she would be offended by
that post as well.

Is it a coincidence that the occurrence of a rash of a prankster /
cyber terrorist activity coincides with Cox's arrival? Inquiring
minds want to know...

Elton

"Being an expert in Sh*t does not make one an expert in Shinola TM"