[meteorite-list] Remarkable Photos of Natural Shock Waves

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:42:08 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the post, Jeff. Hi Graham and Listees.

Graham has said that "probably not the first...see here.."

I have seen this extraordinary photo before and I considered that an overpressure might have caused the effect depicted, as did the scientists reporting that phenomenon as one of the three possibilities, but I dismissed it because the chances of a perfect circle wave of equal overpressure dissipating a cloud formation at the height depicted is unlikely as the shock waves repeatedly generated at the Icelandic event don't appear to disturb any of the condensate, or gasses, present and that observations of the shockwaves generated by the detonation of chemical and nuclear explosives show that rather than dissipate condensation...they create it...big time.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536