[meteorite-list] Museum investigation: 'Probably a rock, not meteorite'

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:11:14 +0200

Hi Sterling,

but then falls like Benld, Glanerbrug or the Barwells in the eaves wouldn't
be meteorites in WA.

Hmmm let's skip simply that WA-law.

Quick Bulletin database search - WA had in the last 18 years only 2 new
meteorites.
But in the 40 years before 74 new meteorites in WA,
So that law was a big bs. And really nobody in WA had any advantage from
that.
Preschool maths is required to understand that intellectually.

Huh and we have to take care that those guys from Perth observatory or that
Alex won't be dragged into a comedy show, when once a shower happens there
or when the meteorite men are going on air there, that no press articles
will be published, asking why exactly in Australia no meteorites are found,
in contrast to the rest of the world and in contrast to the times before.

Or do we have to wait for the next generations, as Jason suggested it?
(But why should they find more meteorites then, if now none are found?)

I beg your pardon of all of you, but that law stuff is so silly and I'm
waiting for years now, that somebody could explain me, where the advantage
of such laws would be, only a single reason,
though nobody obviously could so.

O Felix America - O Miser Australia!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----