[meteorite-list] Museum investigation: 'Probably a rock, not meteorite'

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:06:36 -0500

Any lawyer could argue his way out of this
dilema with one simple slip. The "meteorite,"
while falling, is a meteoroid, not a meteorite,
hence it is under God's jurisdiction.

You, your car, your house, your dead dog
(or cow) are not the Earth. The meteorite only
becomes a meteorite when it touches the
Earth, after killing you, perforating your
car, smashing your house, or killing your
dog. Then, on the bounce, it touches the
Earth and becomes the Property of The State.

No harm, no fault. Hand it over, please.

Sterling K. Webb