[meteorite-list] Chinese return from Antarctica with 1, 618 meteorites

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:11:57 -0700 (PDT)

That means the average sized meteorite/fragment found at the Grove Mountain, Antarctica site weighs only 10.5 grams. I think if we counted every fragment from the hot deserts, the recovery number would be near 500,000 by now. I have over 15,000 individuals/fragments in my inventory alone weighing just over 200 kilograms averaging about 13.3 grams each.

Interesting,

Adam