[meteorite-list] Car(s) Srtuck by Meteor/ite, again

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

      I believe my vehicle was struck by 2 small meteorites yesterday. I was driving North on interstate 39. I heard a big Bang, bang.. Then saw white dust where the 2 pieces hit, one cracked the windshield and left a little black mark and the other just left some white/grey powder/dust. I p8ulled over and tried to wipe them off and could not get it off. I am almost positive they were meteorites. There were no other vehicles near me, I was over a half mile from an overpass. They had to come from above. I did not hear any sonic boom or see any meteor. I plan on going back the the spot to see if I can find anything in the area, but I'm sure the pieces that hit my Durango got smashed to smithereens, maybe I will b able to find another piece if another piece actually landed.
      I am not claiming these were meteorites, but I can not think of anything else it could have been.
I was not going to post it, because I figured people would think I'm crazy, but after seeing this thread, I figured I had to. The weird thing is that it happened to the other guy and me a day a part. very unusual. But I know an iron did not him my car, what ever it was left a powdery residue.

 Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com