[meteorite-list] Reverse Electrolysis

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:29:16 -0400

Hi Mike,

The process you have performed is called "Reverse Electrolysis". It is
typically used to conserve iron or other metallic objects by removing salts
or other corrosive elements that have penetrated the object. It is most
commonly used to conserve iron shipwreck objects found in salt water.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection