[meteorite-list] AD... Time to get back to work

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:22:56 -0700

No they wouldn't... Ebay has a second chance offer, Best offer, and
other ways for buyers to make offers. If they use the same/modified
system to allow sellers to offer, or request watcher to buy by offering
the buyer a deal, it would be the same as a best offer deal and allow
Ebay to track the sale. The only problem is Ebay is too stupid to figure
that out, or too lazy to do it.

A little offtopic but a relevant example of Ebay's stupidity. They allow
an $8-$10hr employee (customer service rep) the authority to suspend a
Powerseller who may employ multiple employees and own a multi-million
dollar company over a policy violation. I don't know about you, but I
would not place a $10hr employee or a $20hr employee for that matter in
charge of my million dollar company. Who would? Oh wait, ebay does that
to sellers all the time. This un-balance is a perfect example of why
Ebay won't allow thing like contacting watchers because they think they
know better than the sellers who sell. They are a third party online
sales venue and nothing more.

Hmmm... Under the table? Would you be implying that "Under the table"
means "off eBay"? ;) Don't get me started on "Off eBay" sales...

This is in no reference to you personally Bob...

I love the way people think that if you sell items "Off eBay" you're
doing something wrong or worse (they even imply it's illegal). Really
read their selling outside ebay policy. The scare people into thinking
off ebay sales are fraud and scams thereby making people have a false
sense of trust in them.

Ebay is ONE sales OUTLET of many sales outlets businesses use to boost
their online sales. I list items in many places online and offline. If I
get a buyer for an item from one place (other than ebay) and that item
just happens to be listed on eBay too, do you think I'm going to tell my
buyer "Sorry, but I can't sell you that item because it's listed on
eBay."? Hell no... I'm going to end my auction (if it doesn't have bids)
or store item and sell the item to my buyer! If eBay wants to do
something about it, well I can't say on-list what I would tell them, and
believe me it would not be G rated. ;)

As for watchers... The only use being able to see how many watchers you
have is to show that you have interesting auctions. Show me some real
marketing information and real stats, don't tell me how many people are
"thinking" about my offer without giving me a way to market direct to them.

Regards,
Eric