[meteorite-list] Orange Dust

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, I made this mental link too, although I hear the dust over cities in Australia is red, isn't it? That, also is known to come from the outback desert.

I remember as a child, dust form the Sahara being blown up to Northern Europe. I even remember seening it on the headlights of a car that hadn't moved for a while. Probably the late 1970s. Never seem to see that these days. Is it a really rare occurance or did it used to happen often back then?

Rob