[meteorite-list] Chondritic parent bodies

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:15:20 -0400

Bernd, Alan, and List,
Thank you both for the diplomatic and informative responses. While we're on
the subject, might one of you (or anyone else) expand on, say, the L/LL6
classification designation? Holbrook was recently moved from an L6 to such
a classification, and I have a few others in my collection which are not
breccias (and presumably are entirely from one parent body and not two) but
yet have this classification assigned to them...which, "by definition,"
would imply connection with both the L and LL parent bodies, presumably
anyway.
Thanks, and all best,
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com