[meteorite-list] Meteorite fall in Latvia, 20 meter crater

From: Ed Deckert <edeckert_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:08:28 -0400

>From http://readrussia.com/blog/News/00264/
"The most striking fact here is that how the meteorite managed to hit
Latvia, one of the smallest countries in the world. (This former Soviet
republic of 2 million people is only 300 miles wide, i.e. much less than 1
percent of earth's surface.)"

I guess the reporter there would be completely blown away to learn of
Claxton hitting a mailbox! LOL

Ed