[meteorite-list] Grimsby Day Two

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:11:31 -0400

Way to go! keep up the good work!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot at comcast.net>
To: 'Meteorite List' <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm
Subject: [meteorite-list] Grimsby Day Two

Hello all

As you have seen from Rocks From Space Picture Of The Day and Roman's
report, today was a success with the third stone and current main mass
found
by Mike Farmer.

It was a full day of searching both urban and rural landscapes,
everything
 from street gutters to vineyards to grass fields and for it we have
three
points on a line that will hopefully allow us to construct the
strewnfield
better. The article about the geese...true. The eyes are crossed from
concentrating so hard on trying to find stones through the goose turds.

While we did not meet up until the end of the day, we did learn that
there
is a large showing from the Canadian science community, just passed Alan
Hildebrand and Ellen Milley in the stairwell on the our way to a well
earned
soak in the jacuzzi. It is nice to see the scientists out of the lab and
working to find these all too uncommon stones and their collaboration
with
hunters has been refreshing.

No homeowners have denied us permission. In short, the whole Grimsby
experience has been exceptional but for the lack of meteorites.

Farmer's find restored all of our hopes and the hunt continues. A shout
out
to Farmer for the excellent celebratory dinner he sprung for.

Didn't have much time to snap photos today, but Bandli uploaded a few
more
pics here:

http://historicmeteorites.com/HistoricMeteorites/grimsby.html

Rob Wesel