[meteorite-list] (No More) One-Ad Per Week Rule

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:13:16 -0700

Hi Dean and All,
        This is not a democracy,
        It is a newsletter set up, managed by and paid for
By Art. Art and only Art has "a say" in the rules -
WHICH ARE QUITE CLEAR:
        Michael Cottingham (and more than a few others)
Choose to ignore the rule about one ad per week per person.
        Matteo sets himself apart from all others, having broken
So many rules in such a serious manor (obscenities and the like)
that Art took him off the list.
    Matteo, however, simply made up an endless chain of
New email addresses to make it impossible for Art to assert
Consequences for his blatant rule braking. Art just said, "screw
It" in his instance, as it would have required so much work by
Art and a change in the way people could join the list freely that
It actually threatened the nature of the list, itself to attempt to
Deal with Matteo.
        So, some of you may or may not care a good deal, very little
Or not at all about how often one advertizes on the list. However,
That does not mean you - or anyone else, has "a say" in the rules
Or how they are enforced.
        To some degree, the list has to be self monitoring or it will be
More than Art will want to deal with. For that reason, I do not
Respond to or acknowledge anything Matteo posts on the list. Off
List, I am fine with Matteo and interact with him like any other
Member of the meteorite community.
        My point is, when one of us blatantly abuses the list by
Braking any of the VERY REASONABLE rules, it threatens the
List, itself - therefore, I choose to TRY to ignore posts engaged
In list braking - so do most list members (except when it concerns
Chicago Steve - for some reason, there are two or three dozen members
Who feel free to point out his transgressions instantly and with great
Force and fierce contempt. Having the skin of a rhino, this appears
To phase Chicago Steve very little).
        In any event - those of you who brake the list rules should be
Prepared for a s**t storm, should the villagers arise with pitch forks
And torches. Those of you who do NOT address (or dress down) people
Braking list rules would perhaps be better served utilizing the ol'
"DELETE" key on posts of said threads.
        Best wishes, Michael