[meteorite-list] (No More) One-Ad Per Week Rule

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:18:14 -0700

Hola All,
The rule was only good so long as dealers upheld it.
It was originally put in place to limit Steve Arnold's (Chicago)
postings, but it failed. Other dealers seemed happy enough to go
along with it on their own out of, for lack of a better word, courtesy
to other list members, who generally agreed that it was a good thing
to do (at the time). It seems apparent now that most list members
have no problem with dealers posting to the list as often as they
wish, so it would appear as though the rule is no longer being
advocated by either dealers or common list-users/readers.
Thus the rule is, I would say, now null and void.
For better or worse, so be it.
But if you can't enforce it, and people won't follow it, it doesn't
make much of a rule. And if a select few choose to go against it, it
kind of screws over the other dealers who still abide by it, so I say
to hell with it.
We'll see what happens to the list...this could be interesting.

Oh - and I'll have some ebay auctions up later tonight for those of
you who may be interested - hopefully within the next hour, but it may
take two to finish it all up.

Regards,
Jason