[meteorite-list] Melanie's Caldwell inclusion

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:15:51 -0700

I have a 1.95g slice of Caldwell from Steve Arnold, too, but it has no trace of Melanie's peacock eye.:( I'm sure there were no further comments (except from Bernd) because nobody can figure that one out. Maybe Melanie will have to send it off to Dr. Rubin.

To view this Caldwell peacock eye inclusion:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4028/calwell1.jpg

Carl

Jim Brady wrote:
>I can't believe this just faded into obscurity.

Was this a photoshopped trick picture or what?

Is that peacock eye for real?

WO!

>>Melanie wrote:
PS of Caldwell that I got from Steve Arnold (of "Meteorite Men") a while ago
- it has something on it that I'm not certain whether it's a chondrule or
what...
never seen anything quite like it.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4028/calwell1.jpg

>>Hi Melanie, Graham, Alan and List,

That's surely an odd "inclusion". No idea what we are looking at but Caldwell
was reclassified by Alan Rubin as an L chondrite impact-melt breccia. Alan is
a list member so, maybe, he can shed some light on it. Any input would really
be greatly appreciated because curious mind want to know!

Best wishes,

Bernd