[meteorite-list] Thin Section "How-To" on Ebay

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:15:24 -1000

Aloha Elton,

Thanks for the heads up on the book, which was originally published in 1911. A search on Amazon.com has revealed additional tomes on the subject, which are listed here:

Elements of Optical Mineralogy - An Introduction to Microscopic Petrography, Alexander Winchell, Bronson Press, March 2007, 256 pgs, $28.95
http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Optical-Mineralogy-Introduction-Microscopic/dp/140670055X/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Introduction to Optical Mineralogy, 3rd Edition & An Atlas of Minerals in Thin Section: Book & CD Pack (Hardcover), William D. Nesse, Oxford University Press, Feb 2004, 370 pgs, $113
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Optical-Mineralogy-Minerals-Section/dp/019522132X/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Optical Mineralogy: Principals and Practice (paperback), Colin D Gribble, CRC, Sep 1993, 320 pgs, $56.31
http://www.amazon.com/Optical-Mineralogy-Principles-Colin-Gribble/dp/1857280148/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259394407&sr=1-4

A Color Atlas of Rocks and Minerals in Thin Section (paperback), W. S. MacKenzie, Wiley, March 1994, 192 pgs, $56.78
http://www.amazon.com/Color-Atlas-Rocks-Minerals-Section/dp/0470233389/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259394588&sr=1-6

Minerals in Thin Section 2nd Edition (spiral-bound), Dexter Perkins, Prentice Hall, June 2003, 176 pgs, $51.13
http://www.amazon.com/Minerals-Thin-Section-Dexter-Perkins/dp/0131420151/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Interesting subject ... just what I need, more books, petrographic microscope, thin sections, $$$, ...

gary