[meteorite-list] Biophysicist confirms Liberal boy's meteorite discovery

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:45:10 -0800

Graham, All,
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the iron - well, that and think
about it - a 47g meteorite just made a foot-deep crater, sending
material five feet into the air?
The whole story is ridiculous - such a stone should have made a little
dent in the ground (we're talking a inch or two) - it wouldn't be
unremarkable if someone standing fifteen feet away didn't notice it
fall, or simply assumed someone had thrown a rock at them.
This sounds like another sensationalist looking for their moment of fame.
Bah.
Jason