[meteorite-list] Newly Published Junk Science on Younger Dryas Impact

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:16:39 -0500

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 8:21:51 -0500, you wrote:

>scientists into the validity of Younger Dryas hypothesis. This paper
>shows the same basic illiteracy in geology and geomorphology
>that characterizes "The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes: How a
>Stone-Age Comet Changed the Course of World Culture."

Hi, Paul. Did you read that book? Did you manage to finish it? I got through
around half of it before setting it aside, and have never got back to it. I did
read enough to see his original idea of the impactor being 500-miles wide, the
density of a snowflake, produced in the atmosphere of a supernova, and traveling
at interstellar velocities.