[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:54:12 -0700

Meteorite friends,
I was not going to post on this sad topic, having only been collecting 3 or
4 years. I figured that since I had never met this great man, I didn't have
anything useful to contribute. But perhaps it's people like me who have the
most thanks to give. After acquiring my first few meager meteorites, I
bought Rocks From Space, at the recommendation of the seller. What an eye
opener! The other books quickly followed. I have learned much from them and
will continue to learn more. He has left an enormous legacy for which I am
thankful.
I wish I'd had the privilege of meeting him, but will strive to know him
more through his books. My condolences and prayers go out to Dorothy and the
rest of the Norton family.
Linton Rohr