[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:46:35 -0400

Dear List and Dorothy,

I had the honor to visit, talk with both Richard and Dorothy during my many
visits to Tucson and in a number of emails. Richard always had time for
anyone interested in our shared hobby of meteorites. Even those just
starting out. I always viewed Richard as the modern day Nininger of our
time, doing more for the hobby than anyone that I can think of. Especially
through his books on the subject. He will live on in those books and in our
hearts and minds and the knowledge that we now hold due to much of his
effort.

The Nortons were more than just part of our community but more like the
respected mom and dad that I and many others looked up to and set a standard
for true learning and knowledge of our shared hobby. Always kind, always
helpful and always expanding my knowledge as well as the many others. Like
many of you I often suggested the RFS book for people staring out in our
hobby. I felt that with this great resource we would have yet another person
in and to share this wonderful hobby.

Sadly Richard will be missed and as many have said, there will be a very big
hole left in our community.
Special people like Richard only grace our lives once in a great while. Lets
honor him by trying to be even a little helpful as he always was so others
can be lead down the interesting meteorite path.

My thoughts go out to all the Norton Family and especially Dorothy for her
extraordinary kindness.

--AL Mitterling