[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 27 May 2009 22:52:37 UT

Hello All,

Should be in bed by now because it's 01:04 hrs our time but a lot of things
are still crossing my mind: memories, words, emails. Monday, 27 Aug 2001,
Jim Kriegh wrote: "I also wanted to again extend the invitation to both of you
to stay at my house if you decide you could make it to the Tucson Gem and
Mineral show next year."

Alas, it never happened!

Friday, December 24, 2004, the Nortons wrote: "Won't you PLEASE
come to Tucson some year??? (It will be a life-altering experience!)"

Alas, it never happened!

We had booked our flight to Tucson for the 2008 show, Twink had a room reserved for us
but my Pauline's doctor advised against such a flight to Tucson because of her heart
problems and the stroke she suffered ten years ago.

It would really have been a "life-altering experience" but I hope that both Jim and Richard
(and Darryl Futrell too) understand that this would have been too high a risk for my Pauline.

Will include Darryl, Jim, and Richard in my prayers tonight!

Bernd