[meteorite-list] Isopropyl concentrations was Question about cutting stones on a small saw

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Ed,
 The usefulness as fuel depends on the concentration of water.
Rubbing Alcohol is 70% Isopropyl 30% water. The "fuel line antifreeze"(Heet TM etc)is 99%. If you are using it in an alcohol stove you need the Heet vs Rubbing alcohol.

Not much choice: either cut in oil or water or alcohol and none are optimal for meteorites. IF you cut in rubbing alcohol over time the isopropyl evaporates which drives up the percentage of dirty water.

Elton

--- On Thu, 5/21/09, edeckert at triad.rr.com <edeckert at triad.rr.com> wrote: yes, steer clear of alcohol as a coolant.?