[meteorite-list] Finding Rare CK4 Meteorites with Rob Matson and friends - VIDEO!

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 00:48:46 +0200

Great video, Ruben - thanks for sharing this!

Then again: what makes you so sure these are "CK4"s, a rather specific classification of carbonaceous chondrites, just from simple eye and magnet inspection in the field? I pretty much assume this must have to do with Rob?s mentioned find a couple of years ago in this place, it couldn?t be any different, right? So the story of Rob Matson?s earlier find, along with all the lab work done on that, and may be a definite classification and entry to the MetBull, should be added to this video in a way, as I believe no one going out to the fields and finding a rock that obviously is a meteorite can tell, at first glance and right away, that it is exactly what it is -->> a CK4...

Well, just a thought.
Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------