[meteorite-list] K-T fossil meteorite picture

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:36:51 -0400

The issue with the Kyte object is that no primary meteoritic minerals or
textures survive. There is just chemical evidence. I know that Frank is
sure that this was once a meteorite, but the lack of anything primary
means that it will be a very difficult sell to the NomCom as a fossil
meteorite. In any case, I don't think Frank has pressed very hard to
make the sale... I don't think the nomcom has ever voted on it.

jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383