[meteorite-list] Sterling, help with some calcs please

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling -

Do you think that we'll ever see Smit's refutation of Keller get any media play? Sadly, my guess is "no".

I wonder if Baptistina family itself was not formed when a comet hit an asteroid.

Thanks for the updaate. With that information I suppose you and Elton will be along with a statement of the effects shortly: Infra-red; blast overpressures, molten rock rain and its dispersal, aerosol sulfur and CO2.

Thanks,
Ed