[meteorite-list] Tunguska Questions

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 01:10:08 EDT

>>Do you really believe absolutely EVERYTHING was destroyed from the
blast?<<

I have no reason to believe otherwise.

>> I know a nuclear explosion is powerful but come on. Don't you
think it's possible something larger than the grain of sand, macroscopic
particles, and isotopic evidence survived?<<

Just about anything is possible, but so far no one has come up with
anything bigger that I know of. There's an awful lot of energy involved here.
After seeing and reading the reports about the massive rock fall in Yosemite
park about twenty years ago, where a lot of the rock material became mostly
powder, I can believe just microscopic material was left over. Here we are
talking about a fall of about 2000 feet. The concussion blew over many
full grown trees. It doesn't take much of my imagination to picture what could
happen with something a bit bigger traveling over 12 miles/second suddenly
hitting a solid resistance of air.
GeoZay

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377005x1201454319/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May