[meteorite-list] Anyone remember this?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:07:56 -0500

Darryl said -

"With no visual or sonic phenomena to accompany the low altitude
explosion, which would have been the only explanation for such a shape
and striated surface character without fusion crust, there was no way
this was a meteorite. I vigorously pointed out to the local
newspapers and Rutgers this couldn't possibly be a meteorite to no
avail. I was on a live FOX radio show where they literally took me
off the air after having called me to ask what I thought of the "new
meteorite." When I pointed out that it was unlikely this was a
meteorite, they pointed out "And you have a degree in what?" and upon
my answer cut to a commercial and I was toast."

Apparently common sense requires a college degree - in which case the
entire Fox staff and their owner should go acquire some. But I don't
think there is enough common sense on the entire global market to fill
the void of same within the halls of Fox. ;)

I am sorry they treated you that way Darryl. They had no idea what a
class and knowledgeable meteorite figure they had in their midst.